Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gracie Lucy Law Abiding Citizen

Getting home from work today was a challenge. I got stopped by the state troopers! Since I had not done anything wrong (quit laughing, really!), I calmly retrieved my driver's license (thank goodness I have a better picture now!!), my proof of insurance and registration. My being picky about where I keep things, pays off again!! Good thing I was calm and not flustered. Because, when I get rattled, I tend to babble incoherently. "Hi there, mister officer, sir. My how nice you look in your cute little uniform. Love the hat. Does is come in any other colors? I just don't look that good in a hat, though. You know, when you have to wear a uniform everyday, you have to accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! You have done a great job with your tool belt. Your black 357 magnum is fully-loaded, I'm sure (gulp) and the bracelets (handcuffs) are silver. Very nice. I think silver jewelry is a must with a tan outfit." Yes, I can see it now. Can you actually be arrested for babbling incoherently? Then I got to thinking...I just couldn't call Cletus (it would be too much for him)... so who do I know with a platinum credit card, willing to bail me out? (don't ya just know that orange is NOT my color. I can do peach if I have a good tan...). Hmm. Well, I guess I'll have to work on selecting out the lucky person to bail me out (feel free to volunteer). The court date would be fun. I would have to get ALL of you to come down to the competency hearing. You could tell the judge: No, seriously, this isn't anything new...she has always been like this! By the way, the stop was a check point...no ticket, no court date, no jail time. The officer thanked me for having my information together and said that he loved smart people and waved me on my way. It was apparent, however, that the person in front of me was going to have a really bad day...

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I like these adventures of Gracie Lucy! However, when I see flashing lights behind me I turn into a nervous sobbing lump.