Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gracie Lucy Rotten Pioneer

It is official, I would make a rotten pioneer! I hate bugs and critters and things that go bump in the night. According to TDawg, I scream like a girl. (Well, I am a girl!!) Starting last night we heard skritching and scratching in the ceiling above our closet and bath. So today, Cletus, TDawg and I were up in the attic. My imagination took off! I was hoping for puppies, kitties or fluffy bunnies. But since it is a good 18 feet off the ground, no such luck. We still don't know exactly what it is. We have pretty much ruled out squirrels, birds, weasels, raccoons, puppies, kitties and bunnies. Our best guess is mice. However, in the meantime, we found a really big ugly bug. TDawg looked it up and it looks like a beetle that feeds on wood. Did I mention that our whole house is western cedar? Just another challenge in the road of life. I used to think that I'd make a decent pioneer...but apparently not. So last night, between the storms and my crazy dreams, I didn't get much sleep. Maybe tonight, knowing that the critters will be gone soon, I will sleep better?

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Be glad it's not a family of skunks! Want me to bring my hunting dog Coco over and let 'er loose in yer attic?

longrooffan said...

Gracie Lucy,

I stumbled across your blog through the next blog button at the top of my blog.

With reference to those wood beetles, WD-40 is the best extermination known to those of us who have lived in Florida for years.

Good Luck.

john.

oleragtop.blogspot.com