Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hermie is Chinese?


One afternoon, while everyone was down at the pool, I was upstairs in the beach condo. I was sitting on the floor trying to get the DVD player to work for Buddy. And I heard scritching (never a good sign)! I looked over and saw an enormous red spider with LONG legs crawling out of a Chinese to-go box! (I'm not sure I will ever feel the same way about Chinese food). It took me a minute to realize that it was a present for Wildman (my nephew). He had just turned six years old and is crazy about bugs and reptiles. So, my mother in law (mil) had purchased a hermit crab with Spiderman painted on the shell. Heaven only knows why the store decided a to-go box would make a nice temporary home. Anyway, I called down to the pool for TDawg to help rescue "Hermie". Later in the week, Wildman decided that Hermie needed to roam. Hermie was discovered behind the tv cabinet with his claws firmly dug into the berber carpet. After that, Hermie was left caged up! I still checked on him regularly to make sure that he didn't get out!!!!

No comments: