Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Travel time


Buddy and I have been bowling on Sunday afternoons with other athletes in the Special Olympic unified bowling competition. Buddy and I along with L and his son, C, make up the C&R Express team. Several months ago, we won first place in our division at the state competition. Winning state qualified us to bowl in the national tournament in Reno, Nevada.

Monday (15th) was icky. It had rained and sleeted and made a mess of the roads. County schools were closed and there were wrecks everywhere. By Tuesday morning, the roads were even worst. Cletus was wonderful and got up early to drive us to the airport! We needed to be there at 5a. Due to the weather, several major roads with overpasses were closed. Did I mention that I don't do mornings? I was a nervous wreck that morning. Poor hubby! He got us there on time, hugged us, asked if I had everything and left. He did not get too far before I called him back. I forgot my carry-on in the backseat. Yes, he did ask before he left if I had everything. He is married to a space cadet. Sometimes I am just a left-hand turn off of the information superhighway! Or just blonde!! I cannot remember anything, especially in the morning and especially when I am a nervous wreck.

The flight out of here was late taking off due to de-icing procedures. So, the minute we landed in Dallas, we were supposed to be boarding our connecting flight. Thankfully, they held the plane for thirty passengers dashing breathlessly through the airport. Did not know we were doing circuit training:fly run fly. Thankfully we landed in Reno safe and sound with all of our luggage. That does not always happen when you have 30 bowling balls!

No comments: